TRUE LOVE IS AN ACCEPTANCE OF ALL THAT IS, HAS BEEN, WILL BE, AND WILL NOT BE

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend

We had such a great time this weekend!!

Friday night I got to relax!!!

Saturday we cleaned house (and did about 150 loads of laundry) and went to a birthday bash! We celebrated Heather (my sis-in-law), Samuel (my nephew), and Madi (my niece)'s birthdays. We got to play games all night and it was a total blast!

Sunday we went to church and I took a nap ~ Wahoo!!

Monday Brandon got up early and went with the Scouts to put flags around the neighborhood. We went to visit Grandpa Nelson's & Uncle Mike's graves. We have a tradition of getting ice-cream afterwards since they are buried right next to Winder Dairy. We then went to put flowers on Uncle Chip's grave.

We headed up the canyons for a picnic. Big Cottonwood was totally full. That's usually where we go, but we tried Little Cottonwood this time. We got a BEAUTIFUL site and there wasn't anyone else around. It was Wonderful!! It was cool because we had enough adults that taking turns at the water wasn't a big issue. None of the kids drown or got swept away in the current ~ Bonus!!

We had ribs and a heck of a good time!! How lucky I am to have such an amazing family! I really love hanging out with them and getting to have such a fabulous time doing fun stuff.

No comments: