TRUE LOVE IS AN ACCEPTANCE OF ALL THAT IS, HAS BEEN, WILL BE, AND WILL NOT BE

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Birhdays!!

I turned 30 on Monday! It was so much fun! My husband woke up early so he could wish me a Happy Birthday. When I left my room, my kids were there waiting for me. They had been waiting so quietly and patiently, I didn't know that they were there. They told me Happy Birthday and gave me BIG HUGS!!! The best birthday present by far!!!

At work, my desk was decorated and everyone kept swinging by to wish me a Happy B-Day. My boss Layne took me and the crew out to lunch. We were going to go to La Frontera (the usual haunt) but Layne didn't want to go there. (He knows that they don't sing when someone has a birthday). We ended up going to Crazy Jim's Chinese Buffet and it was as crazy as it sounds... We ate our food and Layne kept sitting like we just weren't going to go anywhere anytime soon. He had been trying to get our waitresses attention for about 20 minutes before she finally came back over to us. (I guess since she had already given us our fortune cookies, her duty to our table was fulfilled... LOL)

Layne asked her if she would sing to me. In fact, my entire table asked her because she just wasn't getting it. Brett finally told her that I was 30 and she started putting 2 & 2 together. "Oh, Birthday, 30? Birthday, 30?? You 30?? You Birthday??" She said it like 10 times before the comprehension sunk in enough for her to do something about it. She left to get singers.

15 minutes later.... Layne was asking if she went to China to gather people to sing......

When she finally came out, she had a plate all done up for me. It had 3 brownies, orange slices, grapes that were sliced and delicately spread, and an orange that was ornately cut. It was actually really cool. We all felt bad that we had been slamming on them for taking so long. There was a candle in the top of the orange that I needed to blow out. The two Chinese ladies started singing and my table joined in...So did the rest of the restaurant!! That was the embarrassing part. When the song got to the name part, Dan filled in nicely.. "Happy birthday, YOU'RE 30!!!" Happy Birthday to You!" It was really fun!

The rest of the day was nice too. Bryan came home from work early to spend some time with me, and the kids kept doing everything they could to make sure I had a happy birthday.

We had already had a party with my family to celebrate my birthday and Kimberly's birthday. Kim turned 9 on November 2nd (the day before mine). We celebrated Sunday when Brandon got the priesthood and just combined all three.

Kim got some really cool things for her birthday and she was so excited about it. Her aunt Valerie got her a cabinet (doll house size) that she could paint. After everyone left the party, she broke out the paint and turned that white cabinet into a masterpiece. She is so incredibly crafty!!! I love that she can take anything ordinary and turn it into something extraordinary!! She's wonderful!


I LOVE MY KIDS!!! I HAVE SUCH A GOOD HUSBAND AND AN AMAZING FAMILY!!!!

No comments: