Bryan has been working long hours lately. We really miss him at home, but we know that he won't have to work like this forever. Training is almost over and then we can have a more set schedule of when he will be home. He is really loving his job and it seems to fit him well. He gets to interact with all kinds of people and teach them how to manage their finances. He is a great teacher and I know he will do well.
I took the kids to the This Is The Place State Park yesterday. They had a blast!! There was supposed to be trick-or-treating throughout the village, but they only came home with two candies. That didn't work out so well, but the kids dressed up and we rode the train twice, there was a fun corn maze, we went on a hay ride, played in the kids size town, and made some crafts. It was a really fun day. We were able to go with some of my friends from high school and their kids too. We had 12 kids in our group and they all liked being together.
This year for Halloween, Brycen & Cannon are Mario Brothers! (Bryce has gloves & a Luigi hat but he got tired of wearing them.) Kim is a Fairy Princess and Brandon is Darth Vader. The other girl in the picture is Kim's friend Jacquie. She's a sweet heart and a really good friend for her.
When Brycen saw the train, he said "Look Mom, it's a train car. Look at the wheels, it's more like a car than a train." That kid misses nothing! He is so observant.
After the park, we went to Becky's birthday party. We had cake and ice-cream and it was fun getting together with my family. It's so nice to do things together. Everyone was there (except for Brandon who had to go to his mom's apartment) and we had a really good time.
The party was at my Grandma Veda's house. She has an old house and the light switch to the bathroom is in the hallway. I was in the bathroom and Kimmy came down the hallway looking for me. She asked Cannon if he knew where I was and he said "I know where Mom is! Watch this". He turned off the bathroom light. I said "Hey!" and they were giggling like crazy!! Funny kids!
A kid that I used to babysit got married yesterday and I went to his wedding reception. Josh Hansen is no longer the little kid that I used to know. He's all grown up and married!! My, my, time does fly!! His wife is absolutely beautiful and sweet. I'm really glad for him. I saw some other people there that I haven't seen since I was a kid. I saw Lee, Jordan, Kyle, and FAWN!! Fawn and I used to be friends and it was so good to see her. I've really missed her. She's a wonderful person and I am glad we can now keep in touch. She's married and has two sons. It will be nice to rekindle that friendship.
No comments:
Post a Comment