We had a little discussion yesterday about Heaven. The kids kept asking me questions about death and dying and they all said they wanted to die after I did. Kim even made me promise that I would be waiting for her at the gate when she died. This was all a little disturbing but I did my best to tell them that it's a beautiful and peaceful place and that they didn't need to worry. Also, they didn't need to be in a hurry to get there at all. There are still plenty of things to do in this life before we spend eternity elsewhere.
The kids asked for a better description of Heaven and what it looks like. I just told them it was beautiful and really didn't have much of an explination beyond that lame oh one. They seemed ok with it though and didn't press me for further details.
This morning, Kimmy drew a picture of Heaven. She drew a castle gate and a throne with a King and Queen. She drew herself with a crown on her head standing between the gate and the King & Queen. There were signs on the castle doors that said "Welcome to Havan".
I thought it was a bit curious because we hadn't even discussed Castles, Crowns, and Queens. When I questioned her about it, she said that she thought Heavenly Father had shown her a vision or something. She tried to brush it off and I could tell she was a little embarassed, but I was so curious to find out what she was talking about.
I asked her if she had had a dream about it. Kim said that she was just sitting and thinking about Jesus and church and that it just came to her. It was such a beautiful place with lots of pink and purple and blue and white. She then said "That is what Heaven looks like Mom".
WOW! Talk about a super cool thing. I thought it was really neat and I thanked her for sharing. As a mom, I felt warmed at the thought of my daughter contemplating Jesus and the church. It was also such a nice moment to think of Heavenly Father sharing something special with her. I am glad she has that two way communication with him and that she realizes it for what it is. What a special girl.
TRUE LOVE IS AN ACCEPTANCE OF ALL THAT IS, HAS BEEN, WILL BE, AND WILL NOT BE
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment